Abnormal bubble echo post cath closure of ASD

i hope so to and thank you for your kind thoughts i will let you know after tomorrow after i see my surgeon

how i get on luv grace x

Hi Grace,

Please keep us posted on your situation. I hope they are able to help you get better.

I had a Cath Closure last September. I felt better for a few months but now I feel worse.

Chest pain almost all the time, weakness, and just overall feeling not well. I have had follow ups with 3 doctors but they

say my closure looks good. It's frustrating. I just wish I could feel like I used to. I have had to give up all exercise because even a tiny bit really makes me feel tired & sick.

I really understand the fedup part, I am fed up too!!!

sending healthy thoughts your way,

Jennifer

hi jennifer just to keep you updated i am going into hospital this monday for open heart surgery and op will be tuesday the 1st of april i am really nervous but i need it done because i cannot go feeling this way but i will get back to you in a couple of weeks when i am home from hospital hope you feel better soon and they get to the bottom of the problem for you god bless grace xx

Grace,
How are you? I am scheduled for OHS in August. We waited 6 months after the cath closure to give it time to close. Didn’t budge and the tricuspid regurg and pulmonary htn are worse and rt heart still enlarged. I have some risk factors that put me at a 90% chance of survival in 1st 3 mons. My doctors say surgery is not optional. I have no choice. I keep hearing about the pain in the first couple months. I so hope the awful part is behind you. Are you experiencing any benefit from the ASD repair?

hi every body grace here the i will not say it was plain sailing ,there is some pain but the medicine they give you should cover that i came home after 9th day because i to had other health issuse i only have the one kidney ,i think imay had picked up urine infection because of the catherter the reason i was not aloud home sooner was because my temparture kept going up be cause of the infection , ,but the operation was a success and i do feel a lot better ,took me a while to get about but you should start feeling a hole lot better after about 6 weeks just listen to your health care team ,and when you come out of hospital you should have a cardiac nurse visit you for the first 4 weeks they will keep a good eye on you ,and they report back to the health team if you become unwell once you are out of hospital you can tell them any thing and they will do there best to look after you ,i also have turners syndrome and artrial fibulation which are life long ,i take meds for them .but trust me i ithink you will feel a whole lot better after you have it done i felt the same as you i was terrfied because it is your heart ,but you do want to go on the way you are not being able to do the things you like to do you want your life back you will get that back but it will take time you ,be strong and you will get there i had my operation 10 weeks ago and i am back walking my dog and doing some light excersise and i do feel better it is baby steps so take your time lots of love grace

Thank you so much for the update. I knew you had other problems and had hoped they wouldn’t slow down your recovery. I have a blood clotting problem and liver problem that impacts my ability to process IV fluids used for anesthesia. I want to make sure I am in experienced hands . I have to figure out getting help when I come home. I was always the family caregiver and not used to asking for help. Wow 6 weeks of pain and needing help sounds so long but I guess if you guys tell me you were able to get through it and there is light at the end of the tunnel I will have hope that each week will bring relief. Thanks for taking the time to update me. I really don’t want to do something stupid like ignore my MD’s and wait until I am too sick to have surgery. You give me hope and courage.Good to know the pain meds work. Best wishes for complete and speedy recovery from this point on.

Sallie said:

Thank you so much for the update. I knew you had other problems and had hoped they wouldn't slow down your recovery. I have a blood clotting problem and liver problem that impacts my ability to process IV fluids used for anesthesia. I want to make sure I am in experienced hands . I have to figure out getting help when I come home. I was always the family caregiver and not used to asking for help. Wow 6 weeks of pain and needing help sounds so long but I guess if you guys tell me you were able to get through it and there is light at the end of the tunnel I will have hope that each week will bring relief. Thanks for taking the time to update me. I really don't want to do something stupid like ignore my MD's and wait until I am too sick to have surgery. You give me hope and courage.Good to know the pain meds work. Best wishes for complete and speedy recovery from this point on.

THANK YOU SALLIE I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THE OPERATION ,PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES HERE IS BIG HUGGGGGGGGGGG FROM ME TO YOU BECAUSE I THINK YOU NEED ONE GOD BLESS GRACE XXXXX