No diagnosis yet but think it's ASD

That’s really interesting to hear about very heavy weights. I regularly lift heavy weights and my cardio never mentioned anything — he just said to go “back to normal.” Did your Dr. say that you could NEVER go back to heavy weights? Or is this a restriction that goes away once your heart returns to normal size? Thanks!

@LM26 Yeah actually he said to never go to heavy weights. Now there are a couple of qualifiers here. First, I have the Gore Cardioform device which has considerably less rigidity than the more traditional Amplatzer. Second, size matters and mine is a 37mm device. Third, he said that the kind of heavy weightlifting he’s talking about is extreme. Like if I need to ask for a spot from a guy so brawny that he can’t zip up his own fly, then I should reconsider :wink:

I’m sure what most people consider “normal” weightlifting would be just fine. And honestly probably nothing would happen but he’s just trying to let me know so I can play it safe. Otherwise, yeah everything back to normal! Love being on the other side of this thing.

1 Like

@gillytech So happy to have followed your recovery overtime! Your story will no doubt will give others hope, and I will refer to you others who may be undergoing something similar in the future. Hope life on the other side is treating you well.

Take great care,
Arjuna
Lead Intern