Work Days Off

I am having an ASD closure Friday 10/3 and wanted to know how many days did you guys stay off work. It will be done through my groin. Thanks!!

Thanks Anton, I was thinking that myself because everyone body is different.

I had mine done on a Wednesday back in April, came home on Thursday. I for sure took it easy through Sunday. I'm a Real Estate agent so I can make my own hours. I did keep my schedule lighter and at home, had everybody carry stuff for my, like the groceries, laundry, etc. I had a few palpitations here and there but not much. My recovery wasn't bad at all.

Good luck.

Thanks Squarehead! My doctor told me that I could go back to work on Monday after the surgery. It seemed odd but I do stand a lot and do heavy lifting. I’ve taken a week off. I just wanted to hear from people who have been through it.

Punkin98 said:
Thanks Squarehead! My doctor told me that I could go back to work on Monday after the surgery. It seemed odd but I do stand a lot and do heavy lifting. I've taken a week off. I just wanted to hear from people who have been through it.

The Dr. will for sure tell you no heavy lifting. I found out, it’s not for the strain on your heart but that they don’t want any complications on the groin entry point, leaking, tearing or a blood clot forming. It’s good that you took the week off.

I had mine closed 9/17 and first 3 days for sure you want to take EXTREME care of the groin area. This week my work allows me to be remote. So I was good and it's healing pretty well now!! However the healing time varies person-person and first week you should not be putting too much pressure on the groin area - walking fast, bending, weights, lifting heavy objects etc I also noticed sitting for a long time...strains the area a little bit.

So I guess work days off will depend on work type.

My good thoughts and very best wishes will be with you for a completely successful solution and return to health.

Thank you so much Sk! Raj, thank for giving me a better idea of whats to come. I appreciate it.

Dear Punkin, please make sure that you remind your surgeon that you stand and do heavy lifting. Surely this will be much different from jobs where you are sitting most of the day! Don't let them rush you back into something you are not ready to do, they are not cutting your toenails here!

Just want to make sure that you are able to recover in a safe and natural way! Take good care of yourself, will be with you in thought, sending good wishes for health your way!

Thanks SK, I sure will let the doctor know and take whatever time I feel I need.

Glad to hear it! Sometimes you just have to get them by the necktie! LOL!