ASD closure

Yes, I spent the night, after my proceedure.

What was your recovery like

Immediately after the procedure, I had a sore throat,which lasted a day. My right thigh was the color of an egg plant, but I felt no pain. I did experience a shortness of breath for the first two weeks, but that subsided. The doctor thought that the shortness of breath was brought on by my anxiety. It’s been ten months since the procedure and I feel great. Because of my age (55), I thought it was best that I didn’t jump back into my regular routine of exercising. Initially I was told by my doctors to wait at least a month, but nothing strenuous. I choose to take it easy, I went on short easy walks…I recently had a stress test to see if I am able to resume my workouts. I was given a green light.

Sunflower said:

Immediately after the procedure, I had a sore throat,which lasted a day. My right thigh was the color of an egg plant, but I felt no pain. I did experience a shortness of breath for the first two weeks, but that subsided. The doctor thought that the shortness of breath was brought on by my anxiety. It's been ten months since the procedure and I feel great. Because of my age (55), I thought it was best that I didn't jump back into my regular routine of exercising. Initially I was told by my doctors to wait at least a month, but nothing strenuous. I choose to take it easy, I went on short easy walks...I recently had a stress test to see if I am able to resume my workouts. I was given a green light.

i am having open heat surgery because the cath did not work , but i am getting used to the thought of open heart ,i had surgerys in the past i had a kidney removed 12 years ago , for a while there i was terrified but it needs to be done i am lucky because you people care and i have a family that cares and good friends and most of all i have ever faith in the doctors and nurse that are going to be looking after me and i know that my main man will be by my side all the way my husband he is a rock grace

Hi. Have you had your procedure. How are you feeling?

no very sick had 2 cancel it

so sorry to here that feel better soon luv phillipa x