Closure at 65 plus

On the 6th of July I had my ASD closed with the Amplazer device and watched the whole procedure on screen. They used a 24mm device and sofar so good. Feel the same a before, still have AFIB, but hopefully they will try to rectify this in 6 weeks time. Have had AFIB for about 18 months. For any oldies out there, I will let you know how it goes, as there is not much for the older generation. Any comments welcome.

Tina Heij

Tina,

I hope your recovery is going well. Take care of yourself, think positive and get help with everything that you can.

Welcome to the world of repaired ASDers!

Mia

Welcome Tina and thank you for sharing. I wish you a quick and speedy recovery although it sounds like you are doing great!

Best of luck and keep us posted :)

Jessica

Still doing fine, thank you

Jessi said:

Welcome Tina and thank you for sharing. I wish you a quick and speedy recovery although it sounds like you are doing great!

Best of luck and keep us posted :)

Jessica

I'm 47 I feel like an old timer. My ASD was just discovered July 10 of this year, I meet with a surgeon today. I am very stressed. I am looking on the bright side hoping I will have more energy. How are you doing ? Hope things are improving for you since this post.

Hi Julia

So far so good, started to do a bit of gardening again. I don't feel much different from before the closure. I am going for an echo on the 8th of august and hope I get a date for my cardioversion. I hope to get a bit more energy after that procedure as my AFIB gives me the most problems.

No need to stress, the procedure was completely painless and I found it quite interesting to watch. The hardest was lying on my back for hours after the closure. Probably because of my age I spend a total of 6 days in hospital, 3 days on a heparin infusion before and 2 days on the infusion after closure.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Julia Kearin Lovins said:

I'm 47 I feel like an old timer. My ASD was just discovered July 10 of this year, I meet with a surgeon today. I am very stressed. I am looking on the bright side hoping I will have more energy. How are you doing ? Hope things are improving for you since this post.

Thanks Tina ! Good to hear you are out gardening, we take so much for granted until we are unable to do it.