This Thanksgiving, I'm Thankful For

In America, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. We spend the day thinking about what we are grateful for and also eating a lot of turkey and pie. :)

I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on what we're all thankful for. I'll get it going:

I'm thankful that my wonderful girlfriend, Vanessa, accepted my marriage proposal last weekend. We're all smiles here. :)

I'm also thankful that this community exists and helps so many people. We started Ben's Friends (www.bensfriends.org) 6 years ago and now over 80,000 patients and loved ones visit all 35 sites every month. It's truly a little Internet miracle.

I'm grateful for the community, the friendships and especially thankful that the volunteer moderators donate so much of their time to help others. Thank You Mods!

Ok, that's what I'm thankful for. How about you? Let us know below.

Scott

I'm not a regular visitor but when I visit the site and read all through the posts, it somehow recharge me, all the sharing of experiences makes me feel that I'm never alone. On March 2014 will be my 2nd year anniversary of my ASD surgery :) I am great!

I am thankful for my family, who has stood by me unconditionally, and God as he constantly watches over me and move in his own unpredictable way to make me feel that everything is going to be alright.

Thankful I have my first appt with Cardiologist this Monday. And that modern medicine can help sooo many people! For my family. Friends. My job! And my insurance! My dogs. My house. My car. Faith! Clouds above and grass below and all else in between!

…and this site…you guys are amazing!

Congrats Scott on your engagement! How exciting!

I’m especially grateful this Thanksgiving to be on the mend from my cath closure this week. I feel blessed to have a good job, health insurance, family, friends, my dog and my first new house. Wow, life is good!

Huge congrats on your second anniversary Helen!

Thanks for the kind words RRod & U2RN!

Hey Scott,
Greetings,
Our family has much to be thankful for but my children in new jersey have a neighbor who lost his home to a horrendous blaze that engulfed their home in minutes. As my family up north celebrated the holiday, the house 2 doors down erupted into flames. Luckily the family was not home, unluckily the owner ,as a firefighter, was called to respond to the blaze, only to find it was his home in flames. The home and its contents were totally destroyed. To think I was upset I burnt the turkey gravy twice. In retrospect, how petty. That was nothing compared to what this fireman and his family experienced. Somehow it put everything in perspective. We must learn to appreciate and be thankful for what we have for there are always many worse off. Belated wishes to all. Linda

That is such a sad story Linda. My father was a fireman as well and had to respond to a lot of holiday calls. It's so sad for that to happen anytime, let alone a holiday. It puts it all in perspective.

Hello

Congradulations on your engagement Scott. Best Wishes for the both of you.

I am Thankful for the Country I live in. My family and at this time very thankful for our medical system that can repair us and keep us going. Bye for now.

Wally.