9 months old baby with 10mm ASD

My 9 months old baby boy is having 10 mm ASD diagnosed wen he was 7 months old…now doctor told to come after 4 months for follow on…is it a big asd…doctor told is a big hole and chances for having it close on its own r NIL…If there is any chance that it can close on its own :frowning:

Hey Friends…i want to share my story here…my LO who is now 1 yr 6 months has been diagnosed woth ASD 10 mm when he was 7 months…in his follow up at 1 year his ASD has increased to 20 mm…Dr Krishna Kumar of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences suggested OHS…on 27 Feb we had his closure…Dr Brijesh PK was his surgeon…the surgery was done through right side near the armpit…it was robotic assisted surgery with minimum invasion…there were 7 stitiches in total…he was in ICU for 2 days and then in IMCU for 2 days before shifting to the room…now he is fine…he was head sweating a lot before the surgery which has gone now…i m so relieved and happy with the procedure…my prayers r with all the kids having such problem and everyone who has and is suffering…May God relieve you soon from suffering and bless u with a healthy life

Sheril, thank you for sharing an update! 7 stitches in total, isn’t it amazing what doctors can do now? We’re so happy for you and your son, may you both be healthy from here on out.

Meli, Seenie and TJ at Mod Support

Yeah…and the imporatant thing is i never saw him in pain after surgery…he was on sedatives for 4 days but from the second day itself taking milk…and from the third day he started taking semi solid…the best part of surgery is minimum invasion and minimalistic scar…he chest is all clean.Any person who is not knwing his condition beforehand cant even guess that he has undergone heart surgery …no medicine post 4 days after surgery…

1 Like

Hii sheril and everybdy…
I m a father of 4 month baby…
my baby had breathelessness and was admitted to local hospital and had been advised ECHO and other tests… Echo showed 10 mm ASD L to R…
Doctor has advised to monitor the baby and follow up echo after 3 months…
Can any one please guide me what should i do… is it big enough or it shall get closed of its own or needs intervention… And if it needs intervention till what time we can wait for it…
And also please tell me the how much money is required for such procedures in cities like New Delhi and which is the best hospital/doctor for this precedure…
Waiting for your response please…

Bhat, please go to this thread and make the same post again. There are people there who may be able to be helpful.
You can answer on the thread, but if I were you I would also send messages to the members. Click on their avatar (yours is a B in a pink circle) and then you will see “message”. Click on that to send them an email.
Seenie

Hii sheril and everybdy…
I m a father of 4 month baby…
my baby had breathelessness and was admitted to local hospital and had been advised ECHO and other tests… Echo showed 10 mm ASD L to R…
Doctor has advised to monitor the baby and follow up echo after 3 months…
Can any one please guide me what should i do… is it big enough or it shall get closed of its own or needs intervention… And if it needs intervention till what time we can wait for it…
And also please tell me the how much money is required for such procedures in cities like New Delhi and which is the best hospital/doctor for this precedure…
Waiting for your response please…

My husband and I have read about this procedure. Our son is about to have the catheter procedure in Feb. for his large ASD. Could you tell me where your son had this surgery?

Thank you

Hi Bhat…so sorry for late reply… I just saw the msg…in the case of my kid I got to know that he has ASD due to rise in his heart rate bcz of fever…I got his surgery done at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences…We went for surgery because in his case catheter thing was not possible, so we went for open heart which the doctor has performed through minimal invasion technique…The total cost including 9 day stay at the hospital was just 2 lakhs Indian rupees…I belong to North India but instead of Delhi I chose Kerala bcz for paedeatrics cardio Amritha Hospital is best…There is a whole department with very efficient surgeon…everyone is very humanitarian there

Hi there!! I dnt knw much about Delhi…but what i 've heard is that Dr Radha Krishna is the best for these procedures at Delhi…But in Amritha they r doing the open heart surgery via side, without breaking the thoracic bones, so recovery is extremely fast

Ok. Thank you.