Fear of device in heart?

Hello Ash.
I understand that this is a difficult time for you. I have had a similar experience. I can only tell you of my experience, and understand that its not the same for everyone. The thing I can say is that I hope you do your research, measure risk with reward, and get a second opinion before you decide.
I posted this after a successful closure of a large PFO.

Mumz

May '19

I feel like I need to share how very fortunate and grateful I am to have this man, Dr. Romeo Majano, as my Cardiologist.
My story - I had a TIA in February of 2016. After lots of inconclusive tests my Neurologist recommended a Bubble Study and found a large PFO with severe right to left shunt. I saw an Interventional Cardiologist who ordered a TEE showing a large defect. He recommended closure but despite our efforts, the insurance co. denied the procedure twice . I was treated with medicines and preventive care.
I saw him every 6 months for follow up. I had an appt. scheduled for November 2018. His office called and canceled the appt. and wanted to reschedule for late January. I explained that I was not feeling at all well, experiencing palpitations, angina and becoming breathless and lightheaded much more frequently. I felt that I shouldn’t wait so long to be seen. Even though this was a large group of Cardiologists, they could not schedule the Appt. any sooner. I felt like an unknown and insignificant patient in a too large medical factory.
I spoke to my niece, who is a critical care nurse, and she said NOT to wait. She gave me the name of her own Cardiologist.
The PA , Raquel was wonderful. She took my history and asked about symptoms I was experiencing at the time. After an examination, Dr. Majano ordered diagnostics. A Bubble Study, a stress test, and an echocardiogram that showed a large PFO/ septal defect. Dr. Majano personally took on the Big Bad Insurance Company and got the procedure to repair approved.
I first saw Dr. Majano on December 6th, 2018, and on December 21, he successfully repaired the defect by implanting an Amplatzer Septal Occluder percutaneously. I am so relieved to have had this repaired with this least invasive procedure. I cannot thank this Dr. and his staff enough. I am very happy to say I am feeling much better. So far so good :grin:

2 Likes