Procedure scheduled!

I’ve been suffering intermittently for almost two years. Daily serious dizziness, shortness of breath, and sheer exhaustion after just waking to the bathroom since February. I haven’t been able to work since February either because symptoms have been so debilitating. I was finally diagnosed in late November, saw the cardiologist Tuesday, and I’m scheduled for repair January 5!! I’m excited, relieved, and scared!! He’s going to access both groins and I’ll stay overnight for observation.
I’m not new to hospitals or procedures. I’m a nurse and I worked around the Cath Lab for years about 10 years ago. I’ve just rarely been the patient.
What’s been everyone’s recovery experience?

Mindygirl! How’s that for a nice gift, and right at holiday time too. I can imagine your mixed emotions …

Things go pretty quiet around here during the holidays, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get much response. Wait a few days and then add a comment to this thread to “bump” it to the top of the “Latest” list where more people will notice it.

Meanwhile, all the best to you and yours! Celebrate! :clap:

Seenie from ModSupport

That’s great news for you! I had a PFO closure in 04/09 that wasn’t necessary. The device I had put in is no longer available. It was made of titanium and nickel. Doctors were advised to do allergy testing, but mine did not. I suffered from debilitating migraines about five months after it was put I. I was having them 2-3 times a week. I had chronic headaches that never went away. The headaches I had before the closure were nothing compared to the after ones. I’ve had numerous surgeries since then. I had been blaming everything on the device, but the doctors just shrugged it off. Six months ago I found out that I was allergic to it. Basically it had been poisoning me all that time. Three months ago I had to have full on open heart surgery to have the device taken out. I’m only 34! My daughter is 9 and my son is 17. Ive missed out on so much because of all the problems that devise caused. I am happy to report that I am headache free. Depressed, but headache free.
That is an example of what happens when doctors care more about money than their patients. I saw the doctor once before having the device put in. He guilted me by telling me I was a bad mom if I didn’t get it closed because what if something happened to me and I could have prevented it. The doctors in Utah that put mine in, had done about 10,000 while the national average was 2,000. The statistics are online.
I’m glad that the device I had has been discontinued. And it sounds like you have some very thorough doctors who have been monitoring you like they should.
Good luck to you and your improved life.