Helex device

What’s up, guys? I had my ASD closure on June 15, 2011. It’s been almost 3 months and I’ve been doing great. I don’t have any restrictions. In fact, I just completed a 5 mile run today after work. Anyone have any questions or want to share their story? I’d love to hear it!

–Danny

Really glad you are doing so well Danny! Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Syl. I appreciate it. How are things going for you these days?? I hope all is well :slight_smile:

I was really pleased to find that you have had such a positive outcome. My husband is due to have the helex device implanted next week. Our cardiologist has not said much regarding what to expect post procedure. Did you have any side effects at any point or has it been all good?

I had my closure on October 10th 2012. I had a large ASD. They put an 28mm Amplatzer device in my heart. I am 3 days post closure and I am doing great. No pain, no fatigue at all. Doctor told me not to do anything for 5 days, and I will be able to start working by next week. The procedure was easy and safe. They knocked me out for 2 hours, and I woke up in ICU without any pain at all

Really pleased to hear such positive stories. Wishing you well in your recovery.

I had a Helex closure on July 27, 2012. It went well. I have not felt great after, but I feel better than I did before.

I had A Fib for several months after gettomg sick, switched doctors and my ASD was found. I had several ablations one for A Fib. one for V Tach. I still have some other beat that pops up some of the time. I think maybe I should have let the doctor try to fix that too before the closure.

I do not have any restrictions. I just finished a 5K walk. Running is something I was never able to do when I was younger because I never had the energy and no one every found out why and now my knees are not up to it, so I walk.

Danny that was in June 2011 How are you now?