Post ASD (Amplatzer) closure experience

Just sharing my experience

I had a Ostium primum atrial septal defect with a hole 3.4 x 2.5 cm . I had a Amplatzer placed in my heart to seal the hole 5 weeks ago.

I considered myself relatively asymptomatic except for my blood pressure which used to hover around 145/100. I have always been very physically active. My closure procedure went without problems (except of a hematomain the incision). I had some palpitations the next day after the procedure. Two weeks after the procedure started running 3 miles every other day; on the fourth week I started playing soccer again and on the fifth week ice hockey.

I'm thankful to God that I feel very well and even my endurance has gone up. My last bp now hovers around 125/80 which is truly amazing ( I never got a 12ish ever before). Now, I dont feel my heart pounding really hard before going to bed as I used to.

The entire process was very scary but so far I feel great. I hope everyone else in this forum also does well.

Thank you everyone in this forum that answered my questions prior this process.

Thanks for taking time out to post your good news, john! I am so very happy for you!

Wishing you continued well being,

SK

Hi John,

Thanks for updating us on your great news!!! So pleased to hear how well you are doing!

Stay well, please keep us updated on your health and talk soon.

John

PS: Now that you are a survivor, new members will love to hear from you and what you have been through. You are an inspiration. So pleased for you!