Amplatzer Occluder

The name of what they closed the holes in my heart is Amplatzer Occluder it looks like a spider web,I had 3 holes 2 were 1/2 in the other alittle smaller,they closed one then they streched the other holes into one and closed it with another.I feel good,,but my bpm is high like 118 down to 106 and I don't think thats normal.Anyone else with a high bpm after surgery,,Thanks...Sharney

I had my ASD closure on October 10th, with Amplatzer occluder. My hole was big 26mm. I am one week post closure, and I feel very good. My heart rate were higher right after procedure. Even now when I try to walk faster they get higher(over 100bpm). I think this is normal until the heart get adjusted with the new device.

I had mine done October 9th the day before you,I feel great,I had it done at Toronto General Hospital,shocks me what can be done todaybut I thank God it can be done,I met a lady at the hospital in September when I was there for a MIR she had to have a hole closed also,,so I guess there is a lot of us out there,I guess it must be normal for a high heart rate then,,the will help knowing you have the same thing going on,,Thanks for the information.All the best to you....Sharney

reidka said:

I had my ASD closure on October 10th, with Amplatzer occluder. My hole was big 26mm. I am one week post closure, and I feel very good. My heart rate were higher right after procedure. Even now when I try to walk faster they get higher(over 100bpm). I think this is normal until the heart get adjusted with the new device.